بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
As-Salaamu ‘Alaikum My Beloved And Beautiful Asiatic Black Babies!
Guess who I ran into at the DMV???
When I saw her, I thought she was just one of those pretty Black girls who captures your attention but for some reason, my gaze lingered. She was passing by so I didn’t see her face. But when she turned around, I knew immediately who she was.
Then I was faced with the daunting task of trying to decide what to do.
I could just go up to her and introduce myself. But what was I going to say?
“As-Salaam-Alaikum, you don’t know me, but I’m the woman who’s been in love with your father for the last 38 years….”
So, since I didn’t want to creep her out or anything, I just decided to do what I do best. Also what my grandmother taught me to do whenever I wanted to pass along a message discreetly.
I wrote him a letter.
As luck would have it, she sat two rows in front of me with no one between us. So, I asked the elderly Black lady in front of me to tap her. The woman was hard-of-hearing or something, but she finally got it.
So, when this beautiful young lady (I can’t believe she’s grown up. I mean, what gentler way could Allah Have told me she’s not a baby anymore, than by having us meet, by chance, at the DMV? She had car keys! It literally seems like yesterday when her father was cuddling and cooing her while looking at me, and I wanted to hold her so badly! Then running into her at the library, when she was no bigger than six and again, knowing immediately who she was. I mean, she is a younger, female replica of her Dad. How could you not know who she is?) turned around, I asked, “Is your name, Makaya?”
She seemed to pause a minute, as if trying to figure out how I knew her name. But then she said, “Yes.”
And I handed her the letter and said, “Give this to your Dad.”
She took it and started opening it up.
I was shocked! I mean, what could I do? She’s his daughter. I’ve read my Dad’s mail before and here is this strange lady…
But then she caught herself and said, “Oh, you didn’t say read it. You just said give it to him. Cool!” And she started folding it back up.
I was relieved. I mean, I didn’t write anything that would have shamed either of us, but I did tell him I love him in the letter and that’s kind of personal.
And that was that.
If I didn’t have this mental disorder and had met her twenty-two years ago, I would have gone and sat next to her and started up a conversation. The main thing I want to know is where is she, if she is, going to college?
I can’t believe that baby, is old enough to go to college now. But she is so beautiful and sweet. I almost can’t believe it.
I think it’s rather good that I left it at that. I think it more proper if her father introduces us, In sha Allah.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
I’m going to try and make this brief. I decided to take some courses at SMC (Santa Monica College) this semester and I still need to register. So cheah.
The main thing I really wanted to write about was last night’s amazing Moon! I mean, it almost felt like it was daytime! LOL
I arrived at the beach, Oh. Why did I come up on the most amazing building? I’ve decided where I want to live.
But first let me tell you this.
Sunday, I went to Venice and I rode down Venice Blvd.
Now, I’ve been down Venice Blvd. hundreds of times and passed the Canals just as many times.
But this day, there was a real estate agent showing this Japanese man, who was accompanied by his family, some properties and I overheard him talking about a helicopter pad and whatnot.
So, I had paused when I got to the canals. Allah Told me to go down and see. I was intimidated, but when I saw the real estate agent lead the Japanese man and his family, I decided to just go on ahead.
We were on opposite sides of the canal and I’m glad I was on the side I was on because it allowed me to continue in the direction I was heading (down Venice).
If you have never walked the Venice canals, you would never know what was back there.
Basically, there are a bunch of houses along the canal occupied by rich devils who hide their wealth so the poor won’t get angry and revolt.
That’s exactly how I felt.
I mean, it’s so unfair that just because they profit off of our slave labour, they get to live in such marvelous surroundings and we have to live in squalor.
Go see it. You know where the canals are. I know you’ve been to Venice Beach.
So anyway, yesterday when I left the center, I had no plans, so I just went riding around Santa Monica.
I revisited an area I hadn’t been to in over a month and I realized that the last time I had been there I was having an episode. I didn’t have any shoes and didn’t care.
But anyway, I went all the way up Ocean Blvd. and at the end before it turns, there is a building that looks like a hotel or an apartment or a convention center or something. You can’t really tell because on the street level, all you can see are a couple of floors for parking. And there’s an iron gate that you cannot even think about penetrating. So, I’ve seen this building many times but yesterday, I took a different street leaving the building.
I went down the hill, but instead of going all the way down, I detoured on a little street that ended up taking me behind this building I spoke of.
It is situated at the end of the bluffs, so the street level, the two floors of parking are the top floors and the apartments travel down the side of the bluffs with nothing between them and this spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean!
I was flabbergasted when I took this little street to the end and saw the pool and the outside elevators that open directly in your unit and THEN turned around and saw the view!!!
It was indescribable. The only word I can think of to describe it is UNFAIR.
But anyway, that’s where I want to live.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
I slept on the beach for the first time last night and it was incredible. I feel like a resident now. Then to confirm, I went to the DMV and changed my address on my I.D. 🙂
I have more stuff to write. You remember how I did that bulleted list? I think I might start just doing that at the end of my blogs instead of trying to get all literary. I just want to get the information out. You feel me? 😉
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
I might try and do that later, In sha Allah. It depends on how long it takes me to register. In sha Allah, I’m going to fill out this fee waiver form too. So. Later. 😉
❤ ❤ ❤ LATER ❤ ❤ ❤
- I finished the Miss Manners book this weekend and I have to write a disclaimer. First, she is okay with the abomination and I am vehemently opposed, so just skip those disgraces. Second, you know how strict I am when it comes to Gender Roles. She is not quite as firm. For example, she thinks it’s okay for the bridegroom to write thank-you notes, even though she got letters complaining about how inept they proved to be when they were allocated to complete this task traditionally reserved for the Bride. The Sister Captain says, let the Bride be the Bride and the Groom be the Groom and let each complete the designated tasks affiliated with their roles for a reason.
- Speaking of Gender Roles… You know how I was so upset yesterday about the return to couples dancing that society has taken? Well, I know that this return to the traditional roles of the man leading and the woman following will definitely be good to remind each of their proper role in a relationship as well. I did not observe ONE abominable couple dancing! Yes! They better recognize.
- The homie Jo is having a show to promote his debut album, “ASTRAL PROGRESSIONS”. It’s gonna be at “L.A.’s Freshest Venue” – THE FORD THEATER – September 17, 7:30 p.m.
- For those of you, like me, who are into TAI CHI…
- Check this out and let me know what’s up – RADIO DONYA (Disclaimer: I’m not that crazy about the name because Our Holy Qur’an speaks so negatively about the “Dunya” as opposed to the “Akhira” but I’m praying they mean “Worldwide”)
- I’m going here one day soon, In Sha Allah – ANNENBERG BEACH HOUSE
- OTIS COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN Because just because you aren’t an intellectual does not mean you are not Gifted.
- Just because I love children and classical music – YOUNG MUSICIANS FOUNDATION
I AM SO LIVID RIGHT NOW. I JUST FOUND OUT JOE – JOE!!!!! GAVE A FREE CONCERT IN THE MARINA IN JULY!!! What was I doing???? I could scream! I was listening to his albums in May and found so many gems that I had slept on. Dang.